A smile is a beautiful thing--unless you have a broken, sore, discolored tooth. At Eiler Family Dentistry in North Little Rock, AR, your dentist, Dr. Robin Eiler, restores teeth with dental crowns. Made from realistic and resilient porcelain, crowns surround compromised teeth with a beautiful protective jacket that lasts for years. Make your smile beautiful and healthy again.
Is a dental crown the right thing?
Your dentist will look at your tooth, ask about symptoms and take some X-rays. If a crown is the right restoration--and if you need a root canal treatment before crown placement--Dr. Eiler can do the whole procedure right in her North Little Rock office.
A crown covers the healthy portions of your tooth, bringing it back to its original size, shape, bite and color. Dr. Eiler will take oral impressions and send other details to a dental lab. A skilled ceramist will make your crown to blend in perfectly with your smile. And, because crowns are made from high-grade porcelain, they last for years.
Other uses for crowns include:
- Improving the shape and size of an oddly shaped or small tooth
- Cosmetically refurbishment of a tooth discolored by trauma or intractable stains
- Restoration of teeth worn down by teeth clenching or aging
- Completion of a dental implant procedure
- Attachment of a fixed tooth bridge to healthy teeth adjoining a smile gap
What happens during a crown treatment?
The procedure is very simple:
- Your dentist shapes the tooth to accommodate the crown.
- She takes oral impressions.
- You wear a temporary crown if needed.
- The lab makes your permanent crown.
- You come back to Eiler Family Dentistry to receive your new crown.
- Dr. Eiler removes the temporary restoration.
- She uses a light-sensitive cement to bond the new crown over your tooth.
- You go home to enjoy your beautiful smile.
Get that crown
This restoration lasts for at least a decade, says the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). Just brush, floss and get your routine check-ups.
So, why not explore what a crown could do for your smile? Contact Dr. Robin Eiler at Eiler Family Dentistry in North Little Rock, AR for a helpful consultation on the possibilities. Phone us at (501) 753-8353.